Those of you who know me well, know that my faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life. This faith has led me on a very interesting journey throughout my adult life. Some people see living by faith as chaotic, random, or crazy. I tend to disagree. Faith is trusting that the Lord knows best for me and will lead me if I follow.
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.Proverbs 16.9
My life story is full of examples of leaps of faith or as some would say crazy/chaotic moments.
- Move from Texas to California to work at a non-profit after being in education for 8+ years
- Move from California to England to teach on an American Air Force Base
- Move from England to Georgia to teach on an Army Base
- Move from Georgia to live in Soddy Daisy, TN to date an amazing man I met ONLINE…without a job. (This one might have been a little crazy!) But, I married him. 🙂
- Found a job at an amazing school with incredible people – started as a school counselor and then moved to PE teacher
- After 18 years of avoiding the suggestions to be a principal, I started graduate school again to be an administrator
- God opened the door for me to become principal at this amazing school who took me in when I moved to TN without a job
- And now….for such a time as this…He has opened the door for me to lead and serve this school in a new capacity – as superintendent!
All I can say is GOD IS GOOD!
God has provided a Golden Opportunity as my devotional read today. This is today’s local paper from Dayton, where I work. His timing is spot on! Over the last couple of months, knowing this was a slight possibility, if God worked it out, I had a couple of God winks to let me know He was there.