Those of you who know me well, know that my faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life. This faith has led me on a very interesting journey throughout my adult life. Some people see living by faith as chaotic, random, or crazy. I tend to disagree. Faith is trusting that the Lord knows best for me and will lead me if I follow.
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.Proverbs 16.9
My life story is full of examples of leaps of faith or as some would say crazy/chaotic moments.
- Move from Texas to California to work at a non-profit after being in education for 8+ years
- Move from California to England to teach on an American Air Force Base
- Move from England to Georgia to teach on an Army Base
- Move from Georgia to live in Soddy Daisy, TN to date an amazing man I met ONLINE…without a job. (This one might have been a little crazy!) But, I married him. 🙂
- Found a job at an amazing school with incredible people – started as a school counselor and then moved to PE teacher
- After 18 years of avoiding the suggestions to be a principal, I started graduate school again to be an administrator
- God opened the door for me to become principal at this amazing school who took me in when I moved to TN without a job
- And now….for such a time as this…He has opened the door for me to lead and serve this school in a new capacity – as superintendent!
All I can say is GOD IS GOOD!
God has provided a Golden Opportunity as my devotional read today. This is today’s local paper from Dayton, where I work. His timing is spot on! Over the last couple of months, knowing this was a slight possibility, if God worked it out, I had a couple of God winks to let me know He was there.
4 responses to “For such a time as this…”
Congratulations Trish! Wishing you all the best!
Thanks so much Gail! Big job but God knows what he is doing! 😉
Congratulations! I couldn’t be more thrilled to continue my employment under such incredible administration! Thank you for sharing your amazing story. You are truly an inspiration. 💞
So very proud of you! Your love for the kids and devotion to the staff and teachers is evident in the many hours you work, even through this trying time. I’m thankful they have you in this new capacity, and that you have the support of those you have worked with for many years at DCS. God has blessed you with this opportunity, and at such a great place with wonderful people that we both have come to think of as family. : )