One month ago today, daddy started his inpatient rehab after being transferred there from his stay in ICU at the hospital on November 10. One month! Let me show you how God has worked in one month…
In one month dad has gone from an inpatient rehabilitation facility to a new home! We knew God was working through all of this and was providing.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.Romans 8:28
Often times we have to wait to see the results of our patient endurance, but with this situation it feels as if God is working in overdrive.
Everyone has a story to share. Our story is very different than many, I know. We have been blessed in a way that:
- kept daddy with us
- provided mom and dad a new home
- allowed both of them to keep living as they were before his fall.
We are celebrating God’s goodness! The last two weeks the blessings have also come in the form of GREAT news from the doctors:
- From the neurosurgeon – He is 100% and can drive! (Mom said they were in her car at the doctor appointment so he didn’t drive away from the appointment but did drive as soon as they picked up his car that was getting an oil change.)
- From the physical therapists – His balance issue is from inner ear issues – simple! Woo hoo!
- Mom is back at work…and I am sure dad will be too very soon. (Yes, they are both still working by choice at the age of 80 and 82!)
As I look back over the last month, my first thoughts go to God’s goodness and mercy. All of this could have turned out very differently. My sister, brother, and I are very aware of that. We are thankful it did not. Secondly, my mind is drawn to the fact that mom and dad have always trudged through whatever life has thrown them, no matter what. They lean on God and follow wherever He goes. Thirdly, the doctors told us when daddy was in ICU, that they expected him to make a full recovery due to the fact he was in such good health coming in. He said that good health is one of the number one predictors of recovery at his age. Both mom and dad are living examples of this. Finally, when met with a challenge, they both meet it head on. My brother-in-law, John, told Lisa he understood where she got her non-stop work ethic after watching mom and dad jump on the new project of moving so shortly after daddy’s release from the hospital.
- Mom and dad continue to model godly lives for all of us. They are in God’s word daily to discover His goodness and mercy.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.Psalm 23:6
- They choose His will no matter where the road it leads.
Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose.Psalm 25:12
- They have moved and been active their entire lives. Good health has been a priority.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones”Proverbs 3:7-8
- Hard work and perseverance have always been mom and dad’s go to – NO MATTER WHAT.
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.”Ecclesiastes 9:10
God is good!
All the time.
All the time.
God is good!
What more can I say? Oh, what a month it has been!
3 responses to “One month…and oh, what a month!”
Sent from my iPad
Thank you Trish!! We try our best to follow His will. We do not believe in dragging our feet once a decision has been made. We are so thankful for our grown children’s support and faith. We are truly blessed 😊❤️
Thank you so much for sharing the testimony of your parents and the progress of your daddy. 💞 It brought encouraging tears to my eyes. 😊